Articles

PENGARUH PEMBERIAN BEBERAPA JENIS GULA DAN SUMBER NITROGEN TERHADAP PRODUKSI NATA DE PINA ', Yusmarini; pato, Usman; Johan, Vonny Setiaries
Jurnal Sagu Vol 3, No 01 (2004)
Publisher : Jurnal Sagu

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar

Abstract

The effect of addition of various sugars and nitrogen sou rces on the production of nata de pina was evaluated.Data obtained were treated by the analysis of variance followed by Duncan's New Multiple Range Ttest Resultsof study indicate that various sugars and nitrogen sources significiintly affected the thickness, weight andrcndcmcnt of nata, however no effect of these compounds on the water content. Combination of sucrose assource of sugar and urea as source of nitrogen exhibited the highest production of nuta compared to othertreatments.
Evaluasi Mutu dan Penerimaan Panelis terhadap Rainbow Cake yang Dibuat dari Tepung Terigu dan Pati Sagu Lokal Pato, Usman; Johan, Vonny Setiaries; Arnizam, Arnizam
Jurnal Teknologi dan Industri Pertanian Indonesia Vol 6, No 3 (2014): Vol.(6) No.3, October 2014
Publisher : Agricultural Faculty

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (799.282 KB) | DOI: 10.17969/jtipi.v6i3.2313

Abstract

Riau is one of the sago starch-producing province in Indonesia. Nowadays, sago starch has been utilized to produce various types of tradisional foods. The aim of this study was to compare the quality of rainbow cake produced by the addition of 30% sago starch and rainbow cake using 100% wheat flour and to evaluate panelist acceptance of these rainbow cakes. This study used a Completely Randomized Design (CRD) with two treatments and eight replications thus obtained 16 experimental units. The treatments were TS1 (100% wheat and 0%sago starch) and TS2 (70% wheat flour and 30%sago starch). The parameters observed were moisture, ash, sucrose and fat contents as well as panelist acceptance test. The results of this study indicated that rainbow cake of TS1 treatment (100% wheat flour and 0%sago starch) had no significant difference with rainbow cake of TS2 treatment (70% wheat flour and 30% sago starch) in case of ash and sucrose contents, but had significant effect on moisture and fat contents of rainbow cake. Based on the panelist acceptance test, the rainbow cake made from 70% wheat flour and sago starch 30% could be accepted by panelists similar to commercial rainbow cake.
Potensi Cuka Kayu dari Eucalyptus pellita dan Acacia mangium Wild Sebagai Antimikroba Johan, Vonny Setiaries; ', Sudarnyoto; ', Rahmayuni
Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian Vol 1, No 1 (2014): Wisuda Februari Tahun 2014
Publisher : Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar

Abstract

Waste timber during logging Eucalyptus pellitaand Acacia mangium Wild from plant forest industry has not been in use, where it can processing as wood vinegar. The purposed of this study were to obtain wood vinegar from Eucalyptus pellita and Acacia mangium Wild and determine the antimicrobial activity from both wood vinegar. Antimicrobial activity conducted with view clear zone around the paper disc soaked in vinegar on a medium Nutrient Agarcontains microbial pathogens Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli. Bothwoodvinegardilutedwithdistilled water at concentration of50%, 40%, 30%, 20% and10% respectively, andhad 3replicatesconcentration. The results showed that the yield of wood vinegar fromEucalyptus pellitais 32.89% and fromAcacia mangium Wild is 29.63%.Woodvinegarfrom Eucalyptuspellitaata concentration of 10% has azone ofinhibitionagainstStaphylococcus aureusaveragediameter3.38mmand50% at concentration 7.15mm, while theconcentration of10% inhibition zoneinthe bacteri Escherichiacolithe average diameter7.24mmand50% at concentration 8.79mm. Wood vinegar from all concentration indication has activity antimicrobial. Growth of Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli was inhibited by both wood vinegar at concentration of 10%. Keywords: Wood Vinegar, Eucalyptus pellita, Acacia mangium Wild.
Pemanfaatan Tepung Kulit Singkong Dalam Pembuatan Mi Sagu Instan Siagian, Ucok Wandi; Pato, Usman; Johan, Vonny Setiaries
Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian Vol 1, No 1 (2014): Wisuda Februari Tahun 2014
Publisher : Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar

Abstract

The research aim was to find the best formulation for making instant noodle from cassava peel flour and sago starch. This study was conducted using Complete Random Design with three repetitions and six treatments. The treatments for manufacturing instant noodles were  SK0 (sago starch  100%), SK1 (sago starch 95%  and cassava peel flour 5%), SK2 (sago starch 90% and cassava peel flour 10%), SK3 (sago starch 85% and cassava peel flour 15%), SK4 (sago starch 80% and cassava peel flour 20%), and SK5 (sago starch 75% and cassava peel flour 25%). Parameters observed were the moisture content before and after frying, protein content, acid value, intactness and rehydration time. The results show that addition of cassava feel flour significantly affected the moisture content before and after flying, protein content, acid value and intactness, but did not significantly influence the rehydration time of instant noodle. The best treatment was SK5 (sago starch 75% and 25% cassava peel flour) with moisture content before and after frying 9.12 % and 7.12% respectively, protein content 6.14%, acid number 0.03%, intactness 94.93% and  rehydration time 4.23 minutes. Keywords: sago starch, cassava peel flour, instant noodle
PEMANFAATAN TEMPE DENGAN JAMUR TIRAM (Pleurotus ostreatus) DALAM PEMBUATAN NUGGET Sumantri, Bondan; Ali, Akhyar; Johan, Vonny Setiaries
Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian Vol 2, No 2 (2015): Wisuda Oktober 2015
Publisher : Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to obtain the best nugget formulation of utilization tempeh and oyster mushrooms both in terms of organoleptic and nutritional substances nuggets. This research used Complete Randomized Design (CRD) with four treatments and four replications. The treatments were TJ1 (95% Tempe, 5% oyster mushroom), TJ2 (90% Tempe, 10% oyster mushroom), TJ3 (85% Tempe, 15% oyster mushroom), TJ4 (80% Tempe, 20% oyster mushroom). The data obtained were analyzed using analysis of variance followed by Duncan's New Multiple Range Test (DNMRT) at 5% level. Results showed that the ratio of tempeh and oyster mushroom in each treatment significantly affected the moisture content, ash content, fiber content, protein content and flavor, but did not significantly affect the elasticity, adhesiveness, aroma, colour and overall assessment. The best treatment in this study is TJ1 (95% Tempe, 5% oyster mushroom) with a moisture content 46,62%, protein content 16,29%, ash content 0,47% and fiber content 3,47%.   Keywords: Nugget, Tempeh, Oyster mushroom
VARIASI PENAMBAHAN PATI SAGU TERMODIFIKASI HMT (HEAT MOISTURE TREATMENT) TERHADAP SIFAT SENSORI MI SAGU INSTAN Hutagalung, Eva Astriani; Johan, Vonny Setiaries; ', Rahmayuni
Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian Vol 2, No 2 (2015): Wisuda Oktober 2015
Publisher : Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar

Abstract

The objectiveof this research were to produce instant noodles made from nature sago starch and sago starch modified by heat moisture treatment and to get the best sensory properties that meets the indonesian instant noodle standard (SNI 01- 3551- 2000). The design used in this study were completely randomized design with 5 treatments and 4 replications. The treatment were the ratio between nature sago starch and sago starch modified by heat moisture treatment. The data obtained were statistically analyzed using analysis of variance (ANOVA) and followed by a test using Duncan's New Multiple Range Test (DNMRT) at the level of 5%. The results showed, that variation ofnature starch sago and sago starch modified by heat moisture treatment significanly affected organoleptic test except taste, that meets the indonesian instant noodle standard (SNI 01- 3551- 2000). The best sensory propertis are in treatment according to descriptive test of ratio nature sago starch and sago starch modified by heat moisture treatment 1:1 is less colored brown to slightly brown, not flavored sago, slightly chewy texture, whille the hedonic test assessed according to the likes of panelist.   Key words: instant noodles, nature sago starch, sago starch modified by heat moisture treatment.
STUDI PEMBUATAN ES KRIM BERBASIS SANTAN KELAPA DAN BUBUR UBI JALAR UNGU Johan, Vonny Setiaries; ', Jumiati; ', Yusmarini
Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian Vol 2, No 2 (2015): Wisuda Oktober 2015
Publisher : Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of coconut milk and purple sweetpotato puree on the quality of the ice cream. This study was conducted experimentally by using completely randomized design (CRD) with five treatments and thre replications. The treatments were K1 (30% coconut milk and 0%purple sweet potato puree), K2 (27.5% coconut milk and 2.5% purple sweet potato puree), K3 (25% coconut milk and 5% purple sweet potato puree), K4 (22.5% coconut milk and 7.5%purple sweet potato puree) and K5 (20% coconut milk and 10% purple sweet potato puree). The obtained data was treated by the analysis of variance by Duncan New Multiple Range Test (DNMRT) at the level of 5%. The best treatment in this research was K3, with fat content of 10.57% and total solids36.78%that has reachedthe quality standardof ice cream (SNI 01-3713-1995), 1.90% protein content, 24.33%overrun, 13.72 minutes for the melting time. Keywords: Ice cream, coconut milk and purple sweet potato
PEMANFAATAN KULIT BUAH NAGA MERAH (Hylocereus polyrhizus) SEBAGAI TEH HERBAL Purnomo, Bambang Edi; Johan, Vonny Setiaries; Hamzah, Faizah '
Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian Vol 3, No 2 (2016): Wisuda Oktober Tahun 2016
Publisher : Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar

Abstract

The purpose of this research was to obtain the best combination of drying time and drying temperature to produced herbal tea from dragon fruit peel which have high antioxidant. This research was carried experimentally using a Completely Randomized Design (CRD) two factorials;drying time (18, 21 and 24 hours); drying temperature(40°C, 50°C and 60°C) and three replication. Data obtained were statistically analyzed using Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and continued with DNMRT test at 5% level. The result showed that drying time and drying temperature significantly influenced the moisture and ash contents, and significantly affected the IC50 value. The best treatment in this research was drying time 18 hours; 50°C with moisture content 14.03% (w/w), ash content 14.23% (w/w), IC50 Value 2.713 ppm, flavorful red dragon fruit peel, rather sepat taste, very red colour and the panelist likes overall herbal tea.   Keyword : red dragon fruit peel, herbal tea  
PENAMBAHAN TEPUNG DAUN SINGKONG DALAM PEMBUATAN KERUPUK SAGU Johan, Vonny Setiaries
Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian Vol 3, No 2 (2016): Wisuda Oktober Tahun 2016
Publisher : Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar

Abstract

This study aim was to get the best formulation in making sago crackers by adding cassava leaves flour. Research was conducted by using a Completely Randomized Design (CRD) experiment with five treatments and three repetitions. The treatments in this research were K0 (Sago starch 100% : cassava leaves flour 0%), K1 (Sago starch 95% : cassava leaves flour 5%), K2 (Sago starch 90% : cassava leaves flour 10%), K3 (Sago starch 85% : cassava leaves flour 15%) and K4 (Sago starch 80% : cassava leaves flour 20%). Data were analyzed statistically by using ANOVA and tested further by using DNMRT at 5% level. Research result showed that the ratio of sago starch and cassava leaves flour significantly affected the water moisture, ash, fiber and carbohydrate contents as well as the swelling power and the sensory descriptive and overall hedonic test. The best treatment in this research was crackers in treatment K1 (sago starch 95% : flour cassava leaves 5%), which had moisture content of 12.37%, ash content 0.26%, 1.01% fiber content, carbohydrate content 54.72% and swelling power 64.57%. Furthermore, sensory assessment showed a little green color, rather distinctive smells of cassava leaves, tasteless cassava leaves and a bit crispy as well as overall preference by panelists expressed a little liked the selected crackers.   Keywords: sago starch, cassava leaves flour , crackers
PEMBUATANROTI MANIS DARI TEPUNG KOMPOSIT (TEPUNG TERIGU, PATI SAGU, TEPUNG UBI JALAR UNGU) Johan, Vonny Setiaries; Saputra, Hendra '; ', Rahmayuni '
Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian Vol 3, No 2 (2016): Wisuda Oktober Tahun 2016
Publisher : Jurnal Online Mahasiswa (JOM) Bidang Pertanian

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to obtain the best formulationin composite flour (wheat flour, sago starch, purple sweet potato flour)quality and nutritional value of sweet bread and meet SNI 01-3840-1995. This research was carried out experimentally using completely randomized design (CRD) with five treatments and three replications. The treatment in this study were R1 (70% wheat flour + 0% sago starch + 30% purple sweet potatoflour), R2 (70% wheat flour + 10% sago starch + 20% purple sweet potatoflour), R3 (70% wheat flour + 20% sago starch + 10% purple sweet potato flour) and R4 (70% wheat flour + 30% sago starch + 0% purple sweet potato flour).Data obtained were treated by the analysis of variance followed by Duncan New Multiple Range Test (DMRT) at level 5%. The results showed that the addition of sago starch and purple sweet potatoflour at different concentration levels significantly effect on the moisture content, ash content, fat content, hedonic test, descriptive test of colour, aroma, and texture of sweet breadand significantly effect on the descriptive test the flavor. The best treatment is a sweet bread R2(70% wheat flour + 10% sago starch + 20% purple sweet potatoflour). with a moisture content of 25.41%, ash content of 0.85%, fat content of 6.78% and the level development of 6.50, as well as sensory acceptable by panelist.   Keywords: Sweet bread, Sago starch, purple sweet potato flour.