Asranudin Asranudin, Asranudin
Department of Food Science and Technology, Faculty of Technology and Agricultural Industry, Halu Oleo University

Published : 5 Documents
Articles

Found 5 Documents
Search

Characterization of mannanase-producing bacteria from sago hump Wahyuni, Sri; Khaeruni R, Andi; Lianto, Lianto; Sidarmin, Sidarmin; Holilah, Holilah; Utomo, Wahyu Prasetyo; Asranudin, Asranudin
Waste Technology Vol 4, No 1 (2016)
Publisher : Diponegoro University

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (715.804 KB) | DOI: 10.12777/wastech.4.1.1-6

Abstract

Sago is a hardwood that can be used as source of fiber hemicellulose mannan. The abundance of mannanase waste is potential for the production of functional foods such as Manno oligosaccharides. Sago hump which is sago processing waste is very potential for growth of microorganisms because it contains lignin, cellulose, starch, minerals and vitamins that can be used as sources of carbon and energy for the growth. In this study, BLS.11-01 and BLS.11-02 isolates have been isolated and characterized from waste of sago hump. Locust bean gum was used as  substrate for measuring the activity of mannanase. Both isolates had optimum temperatures at 70°C and 60°C while they remain stable at temperature range of 30°C - 90°C. Mannanase from BLS.11-01 and BLS.11-02 had optimum pH at 6 and 7, respectively, and were also stable in wide pH range of 2-8. Co2+ was a mannanase activator for both isolates. Cu2+, Zn2+, Ni2+, Ca2+ and Fe2+ were  mannanase inhibitors for two isolates. Tween 20 (0.5% and 1.0%) and NaCl (0.5% and 1.0%) were chemical reagents that could enhance the activity of BLS.11-01 and BLS.11-02 mannanase isolates.  While tween 80 (0.5% and 1.0%), urea (0.5% and 1.0%) and SDS (0.5% and 1.0%) were chemical reagents that were not effective for both isolates mannanase activity
KARAKTERISTIK ORGANOLEPTIK, SIFAT KIMIA DAN AKTIVITAS ANTIOKSIDAN TEH FORMULASI DAUN KAKAO DAN KAYU MANIS Sadimantara, Muhammad Syukri; asranudin, asranudin; Sadimantara, Fahria Nadiryati; Sakir, Sakir; suwarjoyowirayatno, suwarjoyowirayatno
Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi Pangan Vol 3, No 5 (2018): JURNAL SAINS DAN TEKNOLOGI PANGAN
Publisher : Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi Pangan

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (25.875 KB)

Abstract

ABSTRACTThe aims of this study was to determine the effect of cocoa and cinnamon leaf formulations onorganoleptic assessment, chemical properties and antioxidant activity of cocoa leaves tea. This studyused a Completely Randomized Design (CRD), consisting of 5 types of cocoa and cinnamon leaveformulation namely 100% of cocoa leaves: 0% of cinnamon (KM0), 95% of cocoa leaves: 5% ocinnamon (KM1), 90% of leaf cacao: 10% of cinnamon (KM2), 85% of cocoa leaves: 15% of cinnamo(KM3) and 80% of cocoa leaves: 20% of cinnamon (KM4). The formulations of cocoa and cinnamoleaves had significant effect (p <0.05) on color and taste organoleptic tests, but was not significantleffect on aroma parameters. Based on organoleptic assessment, cocoa leaves tea can be accepteby panelists. Moisture content, pH, and antioxidant activity of selected sample were 3.96%, 5.12-6.2and 39.55%, respectively. Based on these results, cocoa leaves tea with the addition of cinnamon canmeet the standard.Keywords: Cocoa Leaf Tea, Cinnamon, Organoleptic, Antioxidant activities.
SIFAT FISIKO KIMIA TEPUNG SUWEG (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius) ASAL KEBUN RAYA UNIVERSITAS HALU OLEO Holilah, Holilah; Asranudin, Asranudin; Kholidha S, Andi Noor
Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi Pangan 2017: PROSIDING SEMINAR NASIONAL FKPT-TPI 2017
Publisher : JURUSAN ILMU DAN TEKNOLOGI PANGAN, UNIVERSITAS HALU OLEO

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (25.875 KB)

Abstract

Amorphophallus paeoniifolius adalah jenis umbi-umbian yang melimpah di Sulawesi Tenggara.UmbiAmorphophallus paeoniifolius mengandung garam oksalat yang menyebabkan rasa gatal. Proses penepunganAmorphophallus paeoniifolius mengikuti tahap preparasi yaitu penguapasan, pengecilan ukuran, perendamandalam HCl encer, perendaman dalam natrium karbonat, pencucian, pengeringan dan penggilingan. Berdasarkananalisis XRD menunjukkan tepung Amorphophallus paeoniifolius mengandungan pati A. Analisis DSCmenunjukkan suhu gelatinisasi tepung Amorphophallus paeoniifolius adalah 120ᵒC. Sedangkan analisiskomponem kimia yang meliputi kadar air, abu, lemak, protein dan amilosa berturut-turut adalah 6,2%; 4,3%;0,75%, 6,2% dan 16%.   Kata kunci: Amorphophallus paeoniifolius, garam oksalat, gelatinisasi
KARAKTERISTIK ORGANOLEPTIK, SIFAT KIMIA DAN AKTIVITAS ANTIOKSIDAN TEH FORMULASI DAUN KAKAO DAN KAYU MANIS Sadimantara, Muhammad Syukri; Asranudin, Asranudin; sakir, sakir; Sadimantara, Fahria Nadiryati; Suwarjoyowirayatno, Suwarjoyowirayatno; Rhenyslawaty, Rhenyslawaty
Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi Pangan Vol 3, No 5 (2018): JURNAL SAINS DAN TEKNOLOGI PANGAN
Publisher : JURUSAN ILMU DAN TEKNOLOGI PANGAN, UNIVERSITAS HALU OLEO

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (252.766 KB)

Abstract

ABSTRACT The aims of this study was to determine the effect of cocoa and cinnamon leaf formulations on organoleptic assessment, chemical properties and antioxidant activity of cocoa leaves tea. This study used a Completely Randomized Design (CRD), consisting of 5 types of cocoa and cinnamon leaves formulation namely 100% of cocoa leaves: 0% of cinnamon (KM0), 95% of cocoa leaves: 5% of cinnamon (KM1), 90% of leaf cacao: 10% of cinnamon (KM2), 85% of cocoa leaves: 15% of cinnamon  (KM3) and 80% of cocoa leaves: 20% of cinnamon  (KM4). The formulations of cocoa and cinnamon leaves had significant effect (p <0.05) on color and taste organoleptic tests, but was not significantly effect on aroma parameters. Based on organoleptic assessment, cocoa leaves tea can be accepted by panelists. Moisture content, pH, and antioxidant activity of selected sample were 3.96%, 5.12-6.20 and 39.55%, respectively. Based on these results, cocoa leaves tea with the addition of cinnamon can meet the standard. Keywords: Cocoa Leaf Tea, Cinnamon, Organoleptic, Antioxidant activities. ABSTRAK Tujuan  penelitian  adalah  untuk  mengetahui  pengaruh  formulasi  daun  kakao  dan  kayu  manis  terhadap  penilaian organoleptik, sifat kimia dan aktifitas antioksidan teh daun kakao. Penelitian ini menggunakan Rancangan Acak Lengkap (RAL), yang terdiri dari 5 jenis perlakuan formulasi daun kakao dan  kayu manis yaitu daun kakao 100% : kayu manis 0% (KM0), daun kakao 95% : kayu manis 5% (KM1), daun kakao 90% : kayu manis 10% (KM2) daun kakao 85% : kayu manis15% (KM3) dan daun kakao 80% : kayu manis  20% (KM4). Formulasi daun kakao dan kayu manis mempunyai hasil yang berpengaruh nyata (p<0,05) pada uji organoleptik warna dan rasa, namun berpengaruh tidak nyata terhadap parameteraroma. Berdasarkan penilaian organoleptik, teh daun kakao dapat diterima oleh panelis. Kadar air, pH, dan aktivitasantioksidan pada sampel terpilih berturut-turut sebesar 3,96%, 5,12-6,20 dan 39,55%. Berdasarkan hasil tersebut maka teh daun kakao dengan penambahan kayu manis dapat  memenuhi standar teh. Kata kunci: Teh daun kakao,Kayu manis, Organoleptik, Aktivitas antioksidan.   
INCORPORATING MORINGA AND KATUK LEAF EXTRACTS IN THE PRODUCTION OF SAGO BASED LIQUID SUGAR: SENSORY PROPERTIES, GLUCOSE CONTENT AND ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITY Ansharullah, Ansharullah; Natsir, Muhammad; tamrin, tamrin; Asranudin, Asranudin
Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi Pangan Vol 4, No 5 (2019): JURNAL SAINS DAN TEKNOLOGI PANGAN
Publisher : JURUSAN ILMU DAN TEKNOLOGI PANGAN, UNIVERSITAS HALU OLEO

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (798.859 KB)

Abstract

ABSTRACT Incorporation of the extracts of Moringa and Katuk leaves in the production of sago based liquid sugar was one way to diversify and improved its added value. The liquid sugar produced had a better anti-oxidant activity, but had a lower sensory properties. A pilot plant scale production of this liquid sugar was attempted in collaboration with a small scale enterprise in Moramo,Southeast Sulawesi. This study was aimed to determine the fortification effect of Moringa and Katuk leaf extract on the properties of sensory, and anti-oxidant activity of the sago liquid sugar. The sugar was produced enzymatically through liquefaction and saccharification processes employing commercial alfa-amylase and amyloglucosidase. The sugar was then fortified with the extract of Moringa and Katuk leaves, with various concentrations, i.e. G0 (100 % liquid sugar as a control); G1 (95% liquid sugar + 5% Katuk extract), G2 (95% liquid sugar + 5% Moringa extract), G3 (90% liquid sugar + 5% Moringa extract + 5% Katuk extract), G4 (85% liquid sugar + 5% Moringa extract + 10% Katuk extract), and G5 (85% liquid sugar + 10% Moringa extract + 5% Katuk extract). The results showed that fortification of Moringa and Katuk leaf extract had a significant effect on the sensory properties, and anti-oxidant activity. The G1 treatment produced better sensory properties. Increasing the content of leaves extracts had also increased the anti-oxidant activity. There was no significant differences in the glucose content of the sugar. Considering various aspects of the results obtained, the G3 formula was then scaled up for pilot plant production by a small scale enterprise. This study had indicated that a nutritional food ingredients and added value may be made through a diversified process of sago flour. Keywords: Moringa, katuk, sago liquid sugar, anti-oxidant, sensory properties INTRODUCTION The use of sago as a food has long been recognized and has even become