cover
Contact Name
-
Contact Email
-
Phone
-
Journal Mail Official
-
Editorial Address
-
Location
Kota malang,
Jawa timur
INDONESIA
Jurnal Ternak Tropika
Published by Universitas Brawijaya
ISSN : 25031007     EISSN : 25031007     DOI : -
Core Subject :
TERNAK TROPIKA, Journal of Tropical Animal Production (JTAP) provides for rapid publication of full-length papers, short communication and review articles describing of new finding or theory in Animal Production area. TERNAK TROPIKA has 1 volume with 2 issues per year. TERNAK TROPIKA is published by Department of Animal Priduction, Faculty of Animal Husbandry, Brawijaya University Indonesia in collaboration with Indonesian Society of Animal Science (ISPI
Arjuna Subject : -
Articles 10 Documents
Search results for , issue " Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA" : 10 Documents clear
PERANAN AERASI DAN SILIKA SERTA LAMA PEMERAMAN TERHADAP KANDUNGAN UNSUR HARA PUPUK CAIR LUMPUR ORGANIK UNIT GAS BIO Junus, Mochammad; Widodo, Agung Sugeng; suprapto, Wahyono; Zamrudy, Windi
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (824.449 KB) | DOI: 10.21776/ub.ternaktropika.2014.01.1

Abstract

Organic sludge biogas unit (OSBGU) is an organic product that is generally overlooked by the owner. Giving aeration and silica as treatment with longer curing 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 days for prospective OSBGU liquid fertilizer is expected to change the percentage of the nutrient content of liquid manure OSBGU candidates become better liquid fertilizer. The results showed that the effect of treatment, curing time and the interaction between the percentage of liquid manure nutrient content OSBGU on posphor (P), potassium (K), sodium (Na) and calcium (Ca) was significantly different. Conclusion: The role of aeration and the addition of silica as well as their interactions and their long ripening turns very significant effect on the percentage of the nutrient content of liquid fertilizer OSBGU. Suggestion: to make the aeration and the addition of silica to the fermentation time to increase the percentage of liquid manure nutrient content OSBGU should use aeration and if necessary by adding silica and brooded until on day 7
KUALITAS SEMEN SAPI LIMOUSIN PADA PENGENCER YANG BERBEDA SELAMA PENDINGINAN Bunga, Veronica Devita; Susilawati, Trinil; Wahjuningsih, Sri
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (160.863 KB)

Abstract

This study was done to evaluate quality of Limousin’s semen during chilled preservation. The characteristic of spermatozoa were easily damaged, so that they were  necessary to protect viability of spermatozoa. Addition of extender was conducted to determine quality and viability of spermatozoa. Each extender were added Egg Yolk as diluents cryopreservation, the treatment were devided in to three groups, they were ; P0 (CEP-2 + 10% Egg Yolk), P1 (Tris Aminomethane + 20% EggYolk), P2 (Skim + 10% Egg Yolk). The result showed that Tris Aminomethane + 20% Egg Yolk gave the best effect on maintaining quality of spermatozoa (motility, viability and abnormality). The motility in three extender at 24h was high significant different (P<0,01). Furthemore, the Viability and abnormality showed high significant different (P<0,01) since first time evaluation at 0h until 24h. Tris Aminomethane showed the best result among others due to the addition of 20% Egg Yolk, as we know that Egg Yolk was an extracellular cryoprotectan to protect and nourish spermatozoa during chilling preservation.   Keyword : Egg Yolk, CEP-2, Tris Aminomethane, Skim,
KUALITAS SEMEN SAPI LIMOUSIN SELAMA PENDINGINAN MENGGUNAKAN PENGENCER CEP-2 DENGAN PENAMBAHAN BERBAGAI KONSENTRASI SANTAN Firdausi, Pramudya Annisa; Susilawati, Trinil; Wahyuningsih, Sri
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (240.619 KB)

Abstract

This research was carried out at Laboratory of Balai Besar Inseminasi Buatan, Singosari, Malang start from 8th May until 27th May 2014. Research was to find the effect of liquid semen of Limousin during chilled preservation. Semen divided into four with 5%, 10%, 15%, coconut milk (P1=CEP-2+5% S, P2=CEP-2+10% S, P3=CEP-2+15% S) and 10% egg yolk (P0=CEP-2+10% KT), gave the best result in P0 and has highly significant different (P<0,01) than others treatments, listed from higher to the lower from P2, P1, and P3 then motility after 24h were analysis with Pearson’s Chi- Square and used to compare total motile sperm count with expected value 40 million cells/mL showed that egg Yolk gave the superior effect on sperm quality after 24h preservation. The motiity, viability, and abnormalitas in CEP-2+ Coconut Milk has highly significant different (P<0,01) lower compared to CEP-2+ 10% KT. The various level extender of coconut Milk in CEP-2 can’t maintain the sperm quality as well as egg yolk, but P2 had shown best ability of maintain sperm quality and total motile sperm Key Words : Semen, extender, preservation, coconut Milk, and egg yolk
KUALITAS SEMEN SAPI LIMOUSIN SELAMA PENDINGINAN MENGGUNAKAN PENGENCER CEP-2 DENGAN PENAMBAHAN BERBAGAI KONSENTRASI KUNING TELUR DAN SARI BUAH JAMBU BIJI (Psidium guajava) Nugroho, Yulianto; Susilawati, Trinil; Wahyuningsih, Sri
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (269.888 KB)

Abstract

Bagian Produksi ternak Fakultas Peternakan Universitas Brawijaya
PENGARUH WAKTU SIMPAN SEMEN SEGAR DENGAN PENGENCER ANDROMED PADA SUHU RUANG TERHADAP KUALITAS SEMEN KAMBING BOER Lestari, Try Puji; Ihsan, M Nur; Isnaini, Nurul
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (176.569 KB)

Abstract

This research was conducted from 20th Mei to 10th June 2014 at Sumber Sekar Field Laboratory Animal Husbandry Faculty Brawijaya University Malang. The aims of this experiment was to test the effect of semen storage duration diluted with Andromed solution at room temperature on the quality of  Boer goat spermatozoa. The material was 1 boer goat semen aged 3 years old. Methods  used experimental Randomized Design with 6 treatment and 10 replications by used Completely Randomized Design. The interval storage duration were 0, 60, 120, 180, 240 and 300 minutes. Data was analysed by analysis of variance. The result showed that  interval storage duration of Boer goat semen diluted with Andromed solution were highly significant different (P<0,01) on sperm individual motility, sperm viability and sperm abnormality percentage. Optimal time for AI was 300 minutes at room temperature with 40±4,08% of individual motility and 57,94±1,71% of viability percentage.  Optimal time for AI was 300 minutes in room temperature with 13,20±0,20% of sperm abnormality. The conclusion of this result was Boer goat semen diluted with Andromed at room temperature should be used not more than 300 minutes.   Keyword: Boer goat, sperm motility, viability and sperm abnormality
KUALITAS SEMEN CAIR SAPI LIMOUSIN SELAMA PENDINGINAN MENGGUNAKAN PENGENCER CEP-2 DENGAN PENAMBAHAN BERBAGAI KONSENTRASI SARI KEDELAI Sugiarto, Nanang; Susilawati, Trinil; Wahyuningsih, Sri
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (245.021 KB)

Abstract

Egg yolk is most commonly used in semen extender for preservation and cryopreservation but potential risk of xenobiotic contamination has raised question upon the use of egg yolk. Therefore, the present study was designed to evaluate soy milk CEP-2 based extender on liquid semen of Limousin during chilled preservation. Semen divided into five groups and diluted at 1/8 (semen/extender) with 7,5%, 10%, 12,5%, 15% soy milk respectively (CEP-2+7,5% SK, CEP-2+10% SK, CEP-2+12,5% SK, CEP-2+15% SK) and 10% egg yolk (CEP-2+10% KT). The results of current study showed egg yolk give the superior effect on maintaining sperm quality (motility, viability and abnormality) after 24 hours in chilled preservation. The motility and viability in CEP-2+Soy Milk groups were significantly (P<0,01) lower compared to CEP-2+10% KT extender, but there is no difference (P>0,05) on motility percentage between CEP-2+15% SK and CEP-2+10% KT. Furthermore, the abnormality in CEP-2+10% KT was significantly lower than those CEP-2+Soy Milk groups (P<0,01). Total motile sperm count was significantly higher (P<0,01) in all treatments compared to the standard criteria of SNI 40 million cells/mL. Using soy milk in CEP-2 (Cauda Epididymal Plasma) extender can’t produce the comparable value on maintaining sperm quality compared to the use of egg yolk as extracellular cryoprotectant during chilled preservation, but CEP-2+15% SK (Soy Milk 15%) had shown decent capability on maintaining sperm motility and total motile sperm count.   Key Words : CEP-2, soy milk, egg yolk, liquid semen, chilled preservation
EFFECT OF WHEAT POLLARD (Triticum aestivum) AND SOYBEAN MEAL (Glycine max) PROTECTED WITH CONDENSED TANNIN IN THE DIET ON FEED INTAKE AND DIGESTIBILITY OF LACTATION DAIRY COW Chuzaemi, Siti; Mashudi, Mashudi; Marjuki, Marjuki; Huda, Asri Nurul
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (178.619 KB)

Abstract

The objectives of this study were to investigate the effect of wheat pollard (Triticum aestivum) and soybean meal (Glycine max) protected by condensed tannin (CT) on feed intake and organic matter digestibility of lactation Holstein-Friesian Crossbred cows. Twelfth lactation cows were divided into 4 groups based on the month of lactation and each group consist of 4 diet treatments which were supplemented by CT. The using of CT was 6% from total dry matter of wheat pollard and soybean meal depending on the feeding treatments. Feeding treatments consist of T1 : 65% corn leaves (Zea mays)+ 35% concentrate (control 0% CT); T2 : 65% corn leaves + 35% concentrate (soybean meal protected by 6% CT); T3 : 65% corn leaves + 35% concentrate (wheat pollard protected by 6% CT); T4 : 65% corn leaves + 35% concentrate (soybean meal and wheat pollard protected by 6% CT).  Cows were allowed a week of adaptation period, 10 days of preliminary period and 30 days of data collection. Dietary supplemented by 6% CT did not affect feed intake and organic matter digestibility. These results suggest continuing the next experiment to determine the effect of CT on ruminant animals with higer level of CT and the other parameters.   Keywords : condensed tannin (CT), wheat pollard, soybean meal, feed intake, digestibility, lactation dairy cows
PENGARUH PENAMBAHAN TEPUNG BAWANG PUTIH (Allium sativum) SEBAGAI ADITIF TERHADAP PENAMPILAN PRODUKSI AYAM PEDAGING Nuningtyas, Yuli Frita; Nuningtyas, Yuli Frita
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (246.811 KB)

Abstract

Penelitian ini dilaksanakan di Laboratorium Lapang Fakultas Peternakan Universitas Brawijaya, Desa Sumber Sekar Kecamatan Dau, Kabupaten Malang. Tujuan dari penelitian ini adalah untuk mengetahui pengaruh penggunaan tepung bawang putih sebagai aditif pakan terhadap penampilan produksi ayam pedaging yang diukur melalui beberapa variable, yaitu: konsumsi pakan, pertambahan bobot badan (PBB), konversi pakan dan Income Over Feed Cost (IOFC). Materi yang digunakan dalam penelitian ini adalah DOC ayam pedaging strain Lohman Platinum yang diproduksi oleh PT. Multibreeder Adirama Indonesia Sidoarjo tbk., sebanyak 80 ekor yang tidak dibedakan jenis kelaminya dengan bobot badan awal rata-rata 47,85 ± 3,17 g/ekor dipelihara selama 35 hari. Koefisien keragaman (KK) 7,89%. Pakan yang digunakan adalah jagung, bekatul, konsentrat dan tepung bawang putih. Pemberian pakan dan minum secara ad-libitum. Perlakuan yang diberikan adalah penambahan tepung bawang putih pada pakan dengan tingkat penggunaan P0 = pakan basal, P1 = pakan basal + tepung bawang putih 0,02%, P2 = pakan basal + tepung bawang putih 0,04%, P3 = pakan basal + tepung bawang putih 0,06%,dan P4= pakan basal + tepung bawang putih 0,08%. Data yang diperoleh diolah dengan menggunakan analisis ragam (ANOVA) dari rancangan Acak Lengkap, dengan menggunakan 5 perlakuan dan 4 kali ulangan. Perbedaan yang nyata pada perlakuan dilakukan dengan Uji Jarak Berganda Duncan’s. Hasil penelitian menunjukkan bahwa penggunaan tepung bawang putih pada pakan memberikan pengaruh tidak nyata terhadap konsumsi pakan akan tetapi memberikan pengaruh berbeda sangat nyata (P < 0,01) terhadap pertambahan bobot badan (PBB), konversi pakan dan IOFC. Dimana PBB terbaik pada P2 yaitu: 1519,16 g/ekor, konversi pakan terendah pada P2 yaitu: 1,74 dan IOFC terbaik pada P2 yaitu: Rp. 10146,7 per ekor. Berdasarkan hasil penelitian dapat disimpulkan bahwa dengan penambahan tepung bawang putih dalam pakan pada level 0,04% memberikan hasil yang paling baik terhadap penampilan produksi ayam pedaging.   Kata Kunci: Ayam Pedaging, Tepung Bawang Putih, Penampilan Produksi
PENGARUH PENAMBAHAN PROBIOTIK (Lactobacillus sp.) DALAM PAKAN TERHADAP ENERGI METABOLIS, KECERNAAN PROTEIN DAN AKTIVITAS ENZIM BURUNG PUYUH Primacitra, Dhika Yonika; Sjofjan, Osfar; Natsir, Muhammad Halim
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (317.424 KB)

Abstract

The purpose of this experiment was to know the effect of probiotic (Lactobacillus sp.) supplementation on metabolizable energy, protein digestibility and enzyme activity of quail. This experiment used 20 female quails aged 94 days. Basal diet was comprised of corn, pollard, fish meal, soybean meal, coconut cake, rice bran, lime, salt, premix, lysine and methionine. The basal diet was then supplemented with probiotic at level of 0% (P0), 0,2% (P1), 0,4% (P2) and 0,6% (P3) as treatments. The variables measured were protein digestibility, nitrogen retention, metabolisable energy, N-corrected metabolizable energy, amylase and protease activity enzymes. The experimental applied in this experiment was completely randomized design with four treatments and five replications. The results show that there are no significant effect of probiotic (Lactobacillus sp.)addition (P>0,05) on protein digestibility, nitrogen retention, metabolizable energy and N-corrected metabolizable energy. However, there is significant effect on amylase and protease activity enzymes (P<0,01). It can be concluded that the experiment indicated that supplementation of probiotic (Lactobacillus sp.)in the diet of quails was effective in improving amylase and protease enzymes.   Key words: probiotic, quail, metabolizable energy, protein digestibility, amylase enzyme, protease enzyme.
TAMPILAN REPRODUKSI HASIL INSEMINASI BUATAN MENGGUNAKAN SEMEN BEKU HASIL SEXING PADA SAPI PERSILANGAN ONGOLE DI PETERNAKAN RAKYAT Wahyudi, Lieyo; Susilawati, Trinil; Isnaini, Nurul
TERNAK TROPIKA Journal of Tropical Animal Production Vol 15, No 1 (2014): TERNAK TROPIKA
Publisher : Jurusan Produksi Ternak, Fakultas Peternakan, Universitas Brawijaya

Show Abstract | Download Original | Original Source | Check in Google Scholar | Full PDF (238.415 KB)

Abstract

The purpose of this research was to determine the success of AI using sexed semen results based on NRR, S/C, CR, and rectal palpation were also determine.  The total number of 81 acceptors divided into 3 treatment groups, such as P0 (non- sexed semen) ; P1 (Frozen semen Sexed using White Yolk Sedimentation),  P2 (Frozen semen sexed using Percoll Gradient Centrifugation) . The results showed the NRR percentage of P0, P1 and P2 were between the treatments are P0 of 74.07 ± 12:00%; 65.43 ± 5.66% and 64.19 ±  8:56% respectively. Furthermore the highest of CR was in P0 44%,   P2 25.91% and P1 18.51%. Conclution of this research was the highest percentage of pregnancy was 59.25 %(P0) ,  P1 51.85% and the lowest was in 44.44%. The S/C was in (P0) 2.31 follow by 3.00 in P2 and 3.33 in P1.   Key words : artificial insemination , frozen semen sexed, the percentage of Gestation and feed

Page 1 of 1 | Total Record : 10